Bosnia and Herzegovina has been hit by the worst floods in recorded history. Preliminary data given by the BiH Minster of Foreign Affairs estimates that 1,363 citizens have been affected – every forth citizen. Around 2100 landslides were activated throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina, and some landslides have destroyed homes and infrastructure. Over 100,000 homes have been destroyed or damaged, 230 schools and hospitals devastated, while landslides continue threatening homes and infrastructure.Total damage was estimated at 2 billion euros. Mozaik Foundation created a special account called “Solidarity”. Herewith we invite you to use this account to support Emergency and Recovery activities in BiH. While fully aware that we cannot meet the needs in all affected areas, we sincerely promise that your funds will be used transparently and exclusively under the following 3 priorities:
1. Drinking water is lacking in several municipalities. At this moment public authorities are unable to predict when water supply systems will be operational again. Mozaik sourced four mobile LIFESAVER C2 systems (http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesaver-products/lifesaver-c2), water purification systems that produce 18L of clean water per minute. In cooperation with the Ministry of Security and our local networks Mozaik placed them in the most vulnerable areas. More about purifier read by clicking on the link. link.
2. Mozaik reorganized its current activities and networks to finance youth-led actions focused on flood relief and recovery. We realized that the reconstruction of schools is one of priorities of floods recovery, so the educational process in our country can be proceeded smoothly. Thanks to a donation from Glencore company of $100,000, Mozaik Foundation will invest 70,000 KM for the reconstruction of three schools: in Sekovici, Vojskovo (Odžak) and Brijestovo (Modriča). More on reconstruction of schools read by clicking on the link.
Additionally, we have organized two large youth-led work actions through which young people from the Mozaik`s YouthBanks Network, from all over our country, worked on the renovation of two schools destroyed by floods. More on youth-led work actions find at www.omladinskabanka.ba.
We will award grants to formal and non-formal groups for infrastructure repair.
3. Thousands of people have lost/will lose their jobs since the business sector suffered severe damages. Thanks to your support we will provide the most vulnerable rural families with a) seeding material, b) professional support, and c) secured market link.
You can make your donation by:
1. using www.ammado.com, here on the right
2. to the bank account below:
|BENEFICIARY NAME:||FONDACIJA MOZAIK|
|ADDRESS:||SOUKBUNAR 42, 71000 SARAJEVO, BIH|
|BENEFICIARY BANK:||SPARKASSE BANK DD BOSNA I HERCEGOVINA|
|ADDRESS:||ZMAJA OD BOSNE 7, SARAJEVO, BIH|
|PURPOSE OF PAYMENT:||POMOĆ ZA POPLAVLJENA PODRUČJA U BIH|
Please ask your friends and family to donate as well.
Thank you once again! We will keep you posted on how your donation was used.
* Sparkasse bank and Raiffeisen BANK BiH offered not to charge bank fees. The bank of the sender and in the case of international donations intermidiate bank might charge their bank fees according to their policies. Ammado costs account for around 7,5% from donations. For more information on their giving policy please read section B VI-VIII.
No overhead costs will be charged. Only a minimum cost will be charged to make sure the assistance is delivered in a fair, transparent and professional way.